Firstly – if you’re looking for an author interview, guest post or to feature your book trailer, then there’s the opportunity to feature in one of our weekly memes – so check out that section too and drop us an email!
* * *
REVIEW POLICY and AUTHOR FEATURES
As we’re new to this, we’ll keep it short and sweet – hopefully it will work out well, but if not, we can always change the policy in the future. Please remember we are primarily an interaction blog, not a review one, so although we will review, we don’t do a huge amount. This is mainly because if we did that as well as run the blog we’d never get any of our own writing done! 🙂
- We will take requests for reviews from authors/publishers, including self-published. (We love new writers!)
- Our preferred format for books is electronic (for ease) and you should be able to provide copy or copies for kindle. (PDF can be taken by one reviewer and will consider it for a book they really want to read, but this is not preferred).
- For variety, sometimes several of us will want to read the book – in this case you may need to wait a little longer, but you’ll get several individual reviews as well as a ‘group discussion’ on the site, so it gives better publicity for you.
- Author interviews, guest posts and similar will be offered to authors we like. Additionally, if you have interesting work out there – get in touch with some info and we’ll see what we can do.
- We respond to emails, read and review as quickly as possible…but things like family, work and life can take up time too and so please be patient with us!
- Review posting elsewhere: we will post to Goodreads, Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com, iBooks or Smashwords on request – for books we love this will probably happen automatically!
So…that’s the serious part…now what do we read?
- Mainly YA – pretty much anything in terms of genre, main requirement is good quality writing and nothing too ‘generic’ – to keep in line with the target readership of the blog.
- Horror (some)
- Historical fiction
To give you a guide some of our favourite authors (in no particular order):
Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Kate Furnivall, Philippa Gregory, Michael Crichton, Khaled Hosseini, Kazuo Ishiguro…
If this sounds like the right place for you, then please get in touch with a brief synopsis and information.
bonniesyorkie at gmail dot com
Hi, I would like to help you advertise – but being an old, techno-slow type I don’t quite know how to do it. I have a blog and wonder if it is ok to post your event on my blog or webpage. I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, so if you could send instructions I would be happy to post. Karen