A few weeks ago we spotlighted L S Murphy’s book Reaper. Today she’s back with us for an interview, so we can find out more…. L.S. Murphy lives in the Greater St. Louis area where she watches Cardinals baseball, reads every book she can find, and weaves tales for teens and adults. When not doing all of the above, she tends to The Bean (aka her daughter), her husband and a menagerie of pets. Reaper is her debut young adult novel.She is a co-rep for the Southern Illinois region of Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) and a member of the St. Louis Writer’s Guild. Repped by Julia A. Weber of J. A. Weber Literaturagentur.
1. What is you favorite way to spend a rainy day? Reading of course.
2. What is something people would be surprised to know about you? That I used to be quite athletic.
3. What is the one book you think everyone should read? YA – Rats Saw God by Rob Thomas
4. How did you celebrate the sale of your first book? Dinner at my favorite restaurant.
5. Night owl or early bird? I used to be a night owl, but necessity converted me into an early bird. I’m usually up by 4am when I’m working on a new project.
6. Your most unusual or random habit? I am obsessed that the light switches go the same direction. I don’t know why, but it drives me batty. I’ll run all over the house to fix them all.
7. What are you working on at the moment – do you have any other books in the works? My romance novella, A Reason to Stay, was released on November 2 of this year. Since I sold Reaper, I signed with literary agent Julia A. Weber for a YA contemporary novel about a seventeen-year-old who decides to spend her summer vacation playing baseball instead of traveling to Europe with her friends. 🙂 I recently finished a first draft of a YA contemporary romance that centers around a high school football season.
8. If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world. which would it be? Vampire Academy. I’d make a badass dhampir.
9. Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book? I actually have a playlist for Reaper! Starting October 11th until the release date of January 7th, I list one song on my blog every Thursday that relates to the plotline in some vague way.
10. What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors? Don’t let anyone else take away your dream by telling you that you aren’t good enough. It’s your dream. Follow it.
11. Can you see yourself in any of your characters? Quincy’s a little OCD about certain things like I am.
12. What’s the best advice anyone has ever given you? Don’t stop. You’ll get there.
13. Cats or Dog? Both. I have three cats and a very guilty dog.
14. Facebook or Twitter? Twitter all the way. I’m completely addicted.
15. Text or Talk? TEXT! I hate talking on the phone. I sound like a chipmunk.
Want to know more? Check out the links!